Some kid who works in my office, a real fresh-faced college prep kinda guy, asked me to design a tee shirt for his group of friends, who refer to themselves as “The Man Club.”
Some of the themes this guy – who might be descended from EVERY d-bag villain from 80s high school party movies – wanted are as follows, and I kid you not when I say this is verbatim from his email:
- Patriotism and military support to the point of Xenophobia
- Standing up for what you believe in, because you are likely right, because you are awesome
- Hard work/manual labor requiring extreme feats of strength and skill (includes extreme drinking feats)
- Being generally extreme in everything you do/enjoying beating other people at everything even if not a competition
- Other random, miscellaneous, manly stuff
I sent him some drafts and he asked why I didn’t include any sailing elements. I explained that I didn’t realize this kid’s terribleness was actually the terriblest, so I went back and added a ship’s wheel. Here’s a test sheet for colors:I like everything in the middle column, and I’ve got money on these dudes picking the one with the pink wheel.